Who doesn’t love seafood? Suppose every time you are out for a special dinner in a restaurant, your mouth starts watering because of the delicious seafood dishes on the menu. In that case, you are sure to love lobster, a poor man’s food, that is now considered an expensive delicacy, served in luxurious 5-star restaurants and consumed by the wealthy and seafood lovers.
Table of Contents
What is Poor Man’s Lobster?
Poor Man’s Lobster, a dish in which a lobster is not one of the ingredients, just a white fish is needed, either cod or halibut, but I assure you, because of the way it’s prepared, the whitefish will taste exactly like a lobster. For the past few years, one rarely finds halibut on the restaurant’s menu as they have become so expensive.
Many like to use halibut, a white, flakey fish with a smooth texture, for the dish, but cod works just as well, so basically, it depends on your preference.
So if you ever want something easy to cook and affordable that tastes like lobster, and want to make something at home for your significant other as a main or side dish for your quiet night-in or want to try out something new to see what your partner and child/children would think of, be sure to try out this recipe because as said by many who have tried it, it is undoubtedly is worth it. This recipe will sure make cod tastes like lobster!
How to make Poor Man’s Lobster
Here is what you will need.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 7 minutes
- 1 lb White Fish (cod or halibut)
- 1 Paprika and lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 table spoon Salt
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1/2 Lemon
- 3 tablespoon Butter(melted)
- 6 cups Water
- Cover a broiling pan with aluminum foil thoroughly so it can catch the excess liquid and spray with foil with nonstick spray.
- Take 6 cups of water in a bowl,add a cup of sugar to the bowl, now add two tablespoon of salt and stir.
- Put the cod fillets in large saucepan ,pour the water mixture over the fillets.
- Bring water to boil for 3 to 4 minutes
- Take the cod from water carefully so it doesn’t break the fillets. put the cod fillets on foil-lined pan ( make sure there’s no excess water)
- Now brush the melted butter on both sides of fillets.
- Add salt, pepper seasoning and paprika.
- Squeeze lemon juice over all the fillets and put under the broiler for 7 minutes.
- Serve Poor man’s Lobster with some melted butter and vegetables of your choice.
Do try this recipe as fish fry Friday and do let us know how did you like it . you can make it with your favorite side dish, vegetables and sauces of your choice.